Other Associated Costs of Selling
KEEPING YOU FULLY INFORMED ALONG THE WAY
Selling your home isn’t free, there are associated costs that are legal requirements as well as those costs many sellers aren’t aware of or just forget to factor in to their budget.
We like to make sure our sellers are aware of all the potential costs involved in selling their property so there are no nasty surprises along the way.
- Estate Agency Fee – Most estate agents are commissioned based and will charge an upfront marketing fee and then a percentage of the sale price achieved on a successful completion. We have a completely unique and different approach when it comes to our fees.
- Scottish Home Report – if selling this is now required by law in Scotland.
- Conveyancing fee – the legal fee associated with legally selling a property
- Land Register and Local Authority searches
- Registers of Scotland fee for registering Advance Notice
- Registers of Scotland fee to register the discharge by your lender (if you have a mortgage on the property)
- Removal costs – Whether you are hiring a van and doing it yourself or using a removal company there is likely to be costs involved in emptying a property
DON’T FORGET TO FACTOR IN VAT WHERE APPLICABLE!